The purpose of this role is to support Jasmine Nursing Home by undertaking various tasks and checks in order to ensure that high standards of care are delivered.
Key responsibilities :
To support the Nurse in charge by recognising tasks that may be delegated to other carers or themselves.
- To act as a role model to all staff at Jasmine Nursing Home
- To promote best practice in all aspects of the home’s care delivery, this is to include care of the environment, furniture and equipement.
- To work with the nurse in charge and their senior colleagues to promote team working on the unit
- To ensure every staff member on the unit in included in the team
- To work constantly with new staff during their induction period
- To allocate tasks, sometimes on a daily basis and to ensure they are carried out properly
Tasks examples :
- Ensuring someone is responsible for giving a handover to the activities organiser
- Ensuring that gloves are used appropriately in line with directions issued by management
- Ensuring residents are not exposed during personal care
- Ensuring that residents are addressed by their preferd name only and not by any terms of endearment
- Ensuring that care practices cause no damage to walls, paintwork, furniture or equipement
- Diploma of carer ( Aide-soignant)
- Minimum 2 years experience as a carer